- 2 cups finely chopped kale (see “notes”)
- 2 cups finely chopped red cabbage
- 2 stalks celery – cubed
- ½ cup parsley
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive, flax or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or honey)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Throw all the salad ingredients into a bowl and toss.
- Throw all the dressing ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Pour desired amount of dressing onto salad, toss to coat and enjoy!
- I use Canadian/US TBS, which are equivalent to 3 Australian teaspoons.
- If you have hypothyroidism you’ll want to slightly steam the kale before you add it to the salad in order to destroy the goitrogens (thyroid inhibitors).
- All ingredients should be organic whenever possible
- Always use pink Himalayan salt or true sea salt.
- You can use 2 TBS of lemon juice instead of adding ACV too, or vice versa.
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to join my FREE and PRIVATE Facebook community in which you will be supported and encouraged as you work toward your health goals. This is a safe place for you to talk about your frustrations, set backs, achievements and ask questions pertaining to becoming a healthier and happier mama. You will receive free health advice from me and you will also receive motivation and encouragement on a daily basis in order to keep you on track with your healthy habits. I hope to see you in the group!