- Roughly 40 grams of fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 C hemp hearts (aka hemp seeds)
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Juice from half a lemon
- Some red pepper flakes to personal spice level – optional
- 2 – 3 TBS nutritional yeast – optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Whiz all ingredients – except red pepper flakes if using – together in a food processor or high speed blender until smooth.
- Fold in red pepper flakes if using.
- Enjoy with your favourite legume or gluten-free pasta or baked over fish.
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to join my FREE and PRIVATE Facebook community in which you will be supported and encouraged as you work toward your health goals. This is a safe place for you to talk about your frustrations, set backs, achievements and ask questions pertaining to becoming a healthier and happier mama. You will receive free health advice from me and you will also receive motivation and encouragement on a daily basis in order to keep you on track with your healthy habits. I hope to see you in the group!