- 3 C Rolled oats
- 1 C Unsweetened shredded coconut
- 6 TBS peanut butter or almond butter or any other nut butter of choice
- 1 tsp real vanilla essence
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt (or real sea salt)
- 1/3 C maple syrup or 3/4 C date sugar
- 1/2 C goji berries (soaked in water for 1/2 hour so they’re not too dry)
- 1/3 C raisins
- 1 C ground flax seeds
- 1/2 C chia seeds
- 1/2 C slivered almonds
- 1/2 C chopped pecans
- 1/4 C pumpkin seeds
- 2 TBS collagen peptides – this is my favourite brand
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees C and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a big bowl and spread the mixture onto the baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for approximately 30 – 40 minutes, checking often (every 10 minutes) to stir and make sure it doesn’t burn.You want to toast it until it’s just golden brown.
- Take out of the oven and allow to cool. Once cooled, add the remaining ingredients and combine all together.
- Enjoy with a milk alternative of your choice.
- I like to use Ceylon cinnamon as the other, more common, Cassia cinnamon contains a liver toxin that you don’t want to be consuming on a regular basis.
- Always purchase your flax unground and grind at home in an inexpensive spice grinder. This prevents the delicate oils from going rancid, but note: your flax must be ground in order to reap the benefits. Find out more about the benefits of flax seeds here.
- You can use whatever nuts and seeds you like in this granola, so don’t panic if you don’t have all the ones I’ve listed above. These are just the ones I typically like to use.