Here's how to whitelist my emails so they don't get lost in the shuffle:
- Find an email from me – firstname.lastname@example.org – in your inbox.
- Drag this email to the “primary” tab of your inbox.
- My emails will now go to your primary folder in the future.
- When opening an email message, a “+” symbol should display next to: “From: sender’s name”.
- Select this symbol and an “add to contacts” pop-up should appear. Select “save” and your'e good to go!
- Select “Mail” and “Preferences” from the top menu.
- In the “Preferences” window click the “Rules” icon.
- Click the “Add Rule” button.
- In the “Rules” window type a name for your rule in the “Description” field.
- Use the following settings: “If any of the following conditions are met: From Contains.”
- Type my email address, (email@example.com) in the text field beside “Contains.”
- Select “Move Message” and “Inbox” from the drop-down menus.
- Click “Ok” to save the rule.
Outlook 2003 & Later:
- Right-click on firstname.lastname@example.org in your inbox.
- Select “Junk E-mail” from the menu.
- Click “Add Sender to Safe Senders List.”