I’m not saying this is the tastiest drink you’ll ever consume but it’s not horrible and it does the job if you’re trying to prevent colds and flus taking place or if you already have a cold or flu and you want to kick it to the curb.
- 1.5 C Chaga (see here for directions as to how to brew up chaga)
- 1/4 C Unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 C full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1 TBS fresh ginger
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, or a few cranks of a pepper mill
- 2 tsp Manuka honey
- 1 tsp astragalus
- 1 tsp real vanilla essence
- Brew up chaga as per my directions here.
- Once chaga is brewed add it along with all the rest of the ingredients to a pot on the stove. Turn on to medium heat and warm through, whisking as you go to mesh the flavours together. Do not boil.
- You may want to drink this with a mini whisk or spoon and whisk/stir as you go so as not to get a huge mouthful of spices towards the end.