- 3 TBS of chaga mushroom powder or about 5 chunks of chaga mushroom
- 1 L water
- Place the chaga in a pot on the stove.
- Add water and turn on to medium low.
- Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes at least (do not boil as this can destroy the delicate complexes in the mushroom).
- You can actually simmer the chaga for up to 12 hours for a stronger, more medicinal brew. In this case, continue to top up with water as you go to keep about the same liquid amount in the pot at all times.
- Once you have finished simmering, strain the tea and keep the leftover chunks of chaga. Chaga can be re-brewed up to 5 times, just store in an air-tight jar in your freezer.
- You can store chaga tea in the fridge for up to 14 days.
If you’re interested in a super-duper immune boosting beverage then check out my Ass Kicking Cold and Flu Prevention Drink, which incorporates chaga as well as many other functional immune boosting foods.