- 3 TBS of chaga mushroom powder or about 5 chunks of chaga mushroom
- 1 L water
- Place the chaga in a pot on the stove.
- Add water and turn on to medium low.
- Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes at least (do not boil as this can destroy the delicate complexes in the mushroom).
- You can actually simmer the chaga for up to 12 hours for a stronger, more medicinal brew. In this case, continue to top up with water as you go to keep about the same liquid amount in the pot at all times.
- Once you have finished simmering, strain the tea and keep the leftover chunks of chaga. Chaga can be re-brewed up to 5 times, just store in an air-tight jar in your freezer.
- You can store chaga tea in the fridge for up to 14 days.
If you're interested in a super-duper immune boosting beverage then check out my Ass Kicking Cold and Flu Prevention Drink, which incorporates chaga as well as many other functional immune boosting foods.
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to join my FREE and PRIVATE Facebook community in which you will be supported and encouraged as you work toward your health goals. This is a safe place for you to talk about your frustrations, set backs, achievements and ask questions pertaining to becoming a healthier and happier mama. You will receive free health advice from me and you will also receive motivation and encouragement on a daily basis in order to keep you on track with your healthy habits. I hope to see you in the group!