- 1 15 oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin spice)
- 3/4 C full fat coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp real vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon all-spice
- 2 1/2 C Bob’s Red Mill 1:1 Gluten Free Baking Flour (no affiliation)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 12 TBS or 6 oz cold unsalted butter
- 8 TBS ice cold water (or more if required to form dough)
- 5 TBS pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Make the crust: place the flour and salt in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Sprinkle butter over the flour in small chunks then use your hands to bring the flour and butter together into an almost bread-crumb-like texture.
- Pour the maple syrup in and use your hands to mix it into the flour.
- Tablespoon by tablespoon sprinkle water over the flour, mixing with your hands in between each addition of water until a dough forms.
- Roll into a large ball then place on some parchment paper and flatten slightly before wrapping up and placing in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Whilst dough rests in the freezer make your filling by combining all the ingredients together in a food processor, high-speed blender or simply by whisking until smooth.
- Take dough out of the freezer after 15 minutes and roll out to the width of the tart pan you are using. I use a 9″ tart pan.
- Place dough on the tart pan and press down to form around base and edges. Cover with foil.
- Place tart shell in the oven and blind bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove tart shell from the oven and pour filling in. Place back in the oven for 50 minutes to 1 hour. The pie should only slightly jiggle when it’s ready to come out.
- Allow to cool before placing in the fridge. Ideally wait until the pie is chilled through to consume.
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to join my FREE and PRIVATE Facebook community in which you will be supported and encouraged as you work toward your health goals. This is a safe place for you to talk about your frustrations, set backs, achievements and ask questions pertaining to becoming a healthier and happier mama. You will receive free health advice from me and you will also receive motivation and encouragement on a daily basis in order to keep you on track with your healthy habits. I hope to see you in the group!