Makes about 9 cookies
- 1 egg (organic, pastured)
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/4 C unsulphured blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 C or 115 grams melted organic butter
- 1 1/2 C gluten free flour (I use this one)
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 TBS fresh ginger, grated
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda (aluminium-free)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients, (from egg down to melted butter in the ingredients list), together in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredient together in a bowl.
- Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients – mix together.
- Place dough in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- With a cookie dough scooper such as this one, scoop out balls of dough and place on a lined cookie sheet to bake.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes (these cookies are meant to be soft and chewy).
- Enjoy warm or cooled!