Makes about 21 cookies
- 1 egg
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/2 C unsulphured blackstrap molasses
- 1/2 C or 115 grams melted butter
- 1 1/2 C gluten free flour (I use this one)
- 1/2 tsp ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Whisk all the wet ingredients (from egg down to melted butter) together in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk the dry ingredients (from gluten free flour down to baking powder) together in a bowl.
- Combine the wet with the dry ingredients – the dough will be quite runny.
- Place dough in the fridge for 15 minutes.
- With a cookie dough scooper such as this one, scoop out balls of dough and place on a lined cookie sheet to bake.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes. The longer you bake them the crispier they’ll be. 10 minutes yields a crumbly cookie, 12 minutes yields a very slight crunch on the bottom (at least according to my oven).
- Enjoy warm or cooled!
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to join my FREE and PRIVATE Facebook community in which you will be supported and encouraged as you work toward your health goals. This is a safe place for you to talk about your frustrations, set backs, achievements and ask questions pertaining to becoming a healthier and happier mama. You will receive free health advice from me and you will also receive motivation and encouragement on a daily basis in order to keep you on track with your healthy habits. I hope to see you in the group!