- 1.5 C unsweetened dairy alternative of choice
- ½ tsp powdered turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper (a few cranks of a pepper mill)
- 1 tsp coconut or MCT oil
- ½ tsp rea vanilla extract
- 2 heaped TBS hydrolyzed collagen
- 1 – 2 tsp raw or Manuka honey
- Warm on the stove and then whiz up in your blender to make it all frothy. Enjoy! I like to keep a tiny whisk or spoon in the beverage as I drink it so I can stir it constantly, otherwise the spices settle on the bottom and you get a big mouthful of spice at the end.
- You might be wondering about the pepper. Black pepper is important to always take alongside your turmeric because it significantly increases the bioavailability of the specific nutrient in turmeric – curcumin – that we want more of for its healing properties.
- All ingredients should be organic
- Be sure to use Ceylon cinnamon, especially if you’re having this daily. Most cinnamon you find in the stores is Cassia cinnamon, which contains a potent liver toxin. Make sure the label actually says “Ceylon Cinnamon”.