- 1.5 C unsweetened dairy alternative of choice
- ½ tsp powdered turmeric
- 1/2 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground pepper (a few cranks of a pepper mill)
- 1 tsp coconut or MCT oil
- ½ tsp rea vanilla extract
- 2 heaped TBS hydrolyzed collagen
- 1 – 2 tsp raw or Manuka honey
- Warm on the stove and then whiz up in your blender to make it all frothy. Enjoy! I like to keep a tiny whisk or spoon in the beverage as I drink it so I can stir it constantly, otherwise the spices settle on the bottom and you get a big mouthful of spice at the end.
- You might be wondering about the pepper. Black pepper is important to always take alongside your turmeric because it significantly increases the bioavailability of the specific nutrient in turmeric – curcumin – that we want more of for its healing properties.
- All ingredients should be organic
- Be sure to use Ceylon cinnamon, especially if you’re having this daily. Most cinnamon you find in the stores is Cassia cinnamon, which contains a potent liver toxin. Make sure the label actually says “Ceylon Cinnamon”.
If you haven't already, I'd love for you to join my FREE and PRIVATE Facebook community in which you will be supported and encouraged as you work toward your health goals. This is a safe place for you to talk about your frustrations, set backs, achievements and ask questions pertaining to becoming a healthier and happier mama. You will receive free health advice from me and you will also receive motivation and encouragement on a daily basis in order to keep you on track with your healthy habits. I hope to see you in the group!