It may not be the prettiest soup but it's tasty and oh so good for you. I highly suggest you give this one a try as its got so many good-for-you ingredients and is packed with healthy fat and cancer-fighting turmeric.
- 2 shallots
- Oil for sautéing (I use St Francis Herb Farms ghee and coconut oil)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tsp turmeric (I suggest starting with 1 if you’re new to turmeric)
- 3 C vegetable or chicken broth
- 2 C tightly packed spinach
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 TBS fresh thyme (see notes)
- Handful fresh parsley
- 1 C coconut milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Roughly chop shallots then add to pan on stovetop along with the oil. Sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes or so.
- Roughly chop cauliflower and add to the pan along with the garlic and turmeric. Sauté for another 3 minutes or so.
- Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and add spinach, bay leaf, thyme, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes or so.
- Add the coconut milk and simmer for another 10 minutes or so.
- Remove bay leaf then use a hand immersion blender to blend the soup up. Or, transfer to a blender and blend until desired consistency.
- We like to enjoy this soup with a bit of hot sauce.
- My tablespoons are US/Canadian tablespoons. For Australians you need to use 3 Australian teaspoons to make one Canadian tablespoon.
- Try to buy organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Always use pink Himalayan salt or true sea salt.