- 1 C unsweetened applesauce
- 2 C frozen strawberries (you can use any berry you wish. I find that the frozen ones yeild a more concentrated flavour)
- 1 medium zucchini
- ¼ C maple syrup (you can omit this for a lower sugar version that’s just as tasty)
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees F.
- Place berries in a pot on the stove and warm on medium-low for about 5 – 7 minutes: until thawed and juices are running.
- Whilst the berries are on the stove, slice zucchini and steam until soft.
- Place all ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Pour mixture onto a baking sheet lined in parchment paper or with a Silpat mat. I like to use a Silpat mat because I make so much of this stuff that I go through parchment paper like crazy. Also, the Silpat is easier to work with as it doesn’t wrinkle or tear like the parchment paper can. Spread out thinly with a spatula. The trick is to get the mixture not too thin (otherwise it will turn into brittle), but not too thick as then it takes forever to cook. You’ve gotta Goldilocks it and get it just right.
- Place in oven and bake for approximately 4 hours. It may take a little longer or shorter depending on your oven. You want the mixture to not come off on your finger at all.
- Once done allow to cool then cut into strips (keeping the paper on the leather if you used parchment paper, so your kids can peel it off themselves).
- Store in an airtight glass container in the fridge.
- All ingredients should be organic whenever possible.
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to join my FREE and PRIVATE Facebook community in which you will be supported and encouraged as you work toward your health goals. This is a safe place for you to talk about your frustrations, set backs, achievements and ask questions pertaining to becoming a healthier and happier mama. You will receive free health advice from me and you will also receive motivation and encouragement on a daily basis in order to keep you on track with your healthy habits. I hope to see you in the group!