- 2 C raw cashews
- 1 C raw walnuts
- 20 dates (I like to use Medjool) – soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 1/3 C golden berries (golden berries give this slice a nice tangy bite. They also contain a high amount of carotene and bioflavonoids, along with vitamins A and C)
- 1/3 cup (or 8 TBS) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Sesame or hemp seeds to sprinkle on top
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Whiz until everything is really well combined and a soft dough forms.
- Press evenly into a baking dish that’s lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sesame or hemp seeds on top and press in slightly with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars and wrap in parchment paper for easy, on the go snacks. Store in an air-tight glass container.
- I use Canadian/US TBS, which are equivalent to 3 Australian tsp.
- Try to buy organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Always use pink Himalayan salt or true sea salt.
- Always use real vanilla essence.
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to join my FREE and PRIVATE Facebook community in which you will be supported and encouraged as you work toward your health goals. This is a safe place for you to talk about your frustrations, set backs, achievements and ask questions pertaining to becoming a healthier and happier mama. You will receive free health advice from me and you will also receive motivation and encouragement on a daily basis in order to keep you on track with your healthy habits. I hope to see you in the group!