- See pesto recipe here for pesto ingredients
- 2 wild salmon fillets (I use 2 fillets for my husband, myself and our 4 year old)
- Legume pasta – enough for 3 people. I like to use Maria’s noodles.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make pesto sauce from recipe here.
- Make pasta as per package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Place salmon in an oven-proof dish and place in heated oven. Bake for 10 – 25 minutes (depending on how thick your salmon is) then remove.
- Flake salmon (off from skin, if skin was on) and then place salmon, along with a few more dollops of pesto, into a pan on the stove on medium-low heat.
- Add pasta to the salmon and pesto mixture and use tongs to evenly distribute the sauce and salmon chunks amongst the pasta.
- It’s important to make sure your salmon is wild not farmed. Farming salmon can produce unhealthy fish and is also not a environmentally sustainable practice.