- See pesto recipe here for pesto ingredients
- 2 wild salmon fillets (I use 2 fillets for my husband, myself and our 4 year old)
- Legume pasta – enough for 3 people. I like to use Maria’s noodles.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Make pesto sauce from recipe here.
- Make pasta as per package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Place salmon in an oven-proof dish and place in heated oven. Bake for 10 – 25 minutes (depending on how thick your salmon is) then remove.
- Flake salmon (off from skin, if skin was on) and then place salmon, along with a few more dollops of pesto, into a pan on the stove on medium-low heat.
- Add pasta to the salmon and pesto mixture and use tongs to evenly distribute the sauce and salmon chunks amongst the pasta.
- It’s important to make sure your salmon is wild not farmed. Farming salmon can produce unhealthy fish and is also not a environmentally sustainable practice.
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to join my FREE and PRIVATE Facebook community in which you will be supported and encouraged as you work toward your health goals. This is a safe place for you to talk about your frustrations, set backs, achievements and ask questions pertaining to becoming a healthier and happier mama. You will receive free health advice from me and you will also receive motivation and encouragement on a daily basis in order to keep you on track with your healthy habits. I hope to see you in the group!