Makes about 8 patties
Ingredients for salmon cakes
- 2 cans of wild salmon, drained well
- 1/2 tsp salt
- A few cranks of cracked pepper
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 TBS Dijon mustard
- ½ C mayonnaise
- ½ tsp turmeric powder (optional)
- About 1 C broccoli, steamed and finely chopped
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- Small handful of flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp hot sauce – optional
- 1 C gluten-free breadcrumbs
Ingredients for garlic aioli
- 1 C Mayonnaise
- 1 TBS diced chives
- 1 – 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp salt – optional
- Place salmon, salt and pepper, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard and mayonnaise into a bowl and mash well.
- Add broccoli, green onions, shallot, parsley, garlic powder, hot sauce (if using) and breadcrumbs and stir to combine.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- Melt some butter or heat some avocado oil, coconut oil or ghee in a pan.
- Fry patties for about 3 – 4 minutes each side until browned. You may want to lay them on some paper towel to absorb some of the oil
- Enjoy patties with garlic aioli.
- To make the garlic aioli simply combine all ingredients together in a bowl.
- You can also bake these patties at 375 degrees F for 5 minutes, turn and then bake for another 5 minutes until slightly brown.
- All ingredients should be organic whenever possible.
- I use Canadian/US TBS, which are equivalent to 3 Australian tsp.