- Lentil or other legume pasta
- 1/3 C pine nuts
- Ghee or coconut oil to sauté in
- 1/2 a small yellow onion, diced
- One punnet mushrooms (about 200g), diced – optional, you can leave out if you’re in a real rush!
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 15oz can tomatoes
- 4 TBS Nutritional yeast
- Handful fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Add pine nuts to pan on medium-low heat and roast until golden, set aside
- In the same pan add oil on medium-low heat then add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms if using and cook for a further 5 minutes or so.
- Add crushed garlic, oregano and canned tomatoes and bring to a boil then turn down immediately and simmer for about 10 minutes or so.
- Add the nutritional yeast and legume pasta to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Add pine nuts and basil to the pasta.
- Serve with some more fresh basil on top.
If you haven’t already, I’d love for you to join my FREE and PRIVATE Facebook community in which you will be supported and encouraged as you work toward your health goals. This is a safe place for you to talk about your frustrations, set backs, achievements and ask questions pertaining to becoming a healthier and happier mama. You will receive free health advice from me and you will also receive motivation and encouragement on a daily basis in order to keep you on track with your healthy habits. I hope to see you in the group!