- Lentil or other legume pasta
- 1/3 C pine nuts
- Ghee or coconut oil to sauté in
- 1/2 a small yellow onion, diced
- One punnet mushrooms (about 200g), diced – optional, you can leave out if you’re in a real rush!
- 2 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 15oz can tomatoes
- 4 TBS Nutritional yeast
- Handful fresh basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- Add pine nuts to pan on medium-low heat and roast until golden, set aside
- In the same pan add oil on medium-low heat then add onions and cook until translucent.
- Add mushrooms if using and cook for a further 5 minutes or so.
- Add crushed garlic, oregano and canned tomatoes and bring to a boil then turn down immediately and simmer for about 10 minutes or so.
- Add the nutritional yeast and legume pasta to the sauce and toss to coat.
- Add pine nuts and basil to the pasta.
- Serve with some more fresh basil on top.