I love making this meal. Not only is it delicious and CRAZY easy, it also gives our family at least 3 dinners. Or, we use it for two nights in a row for dinner then make some yummy beef lunches the following day.
- 3 lbs chuck roast (preferably grass-fed and organic)
- 2 sweet potatoes, cubed
- 2 carrots, cut length-ways
- Half a large white onion or one small white onion, sliced
- A good few dashes of worcestershire sauce (to cover the meat)
- 3 or 4 sprigs of fresh rosemary and/or thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place your roast in the middle of a 4 quart crock pot and scatter your veggies around it.
- Pour some worcestershire sauce over top of the roast (just enough to cover) and season everything with your rosemary, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Set to low for 8 hours.