- 2 C raw cashews
- 1 C raw walnuts
- 20 dates (I like to use Medjool) – soaked in warm water for 10 minutes
- 1/3 C golden berries (golden berries give this slice a nice tangy bite. They also contain a high amount of carotene and bioflavonoids, along with vitamins A and C)
- 1/3 cup (or 8 TBS) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- Sesame or hemp seeds to sprinkle on top
- Place all ingredients into a food processor.
- Whiz until everything is really well combined and a soft dough forms.
- Press evenly into a baking dish that’s lined with parchment paper.
- Sprinkle sesame or hemp seeds on top and press in slightly with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Place in the freezer for about 30 minutes.
- Cut into bars and wrap in parchment paper for easy, on the go snacks. Store in an air-tight glass container.
- I use Canadian/US TBS, which are equivalent to 3 Australian tsp.
- Try to buy organic ingredients whenever possible.
- Always use pink Himalayan salt or true sea salt.
- Always use real vanilla essence.