- 2 cups finely chopped kale (see “notes”)
- 2 cups finely chopped red cabbage
- 2 stalks celery – cubed
- ½ cup parsley
- 1/2 an avocado
- 1 TBS lemon juice
- 1 TBS apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup olive, flax or avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (or honey)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Throw all the salad ingredients into a bowl and toss.
- Throw all the dressing ingredients into a high speed blender or food processor and whiz until smooth.
- Pour desired amount of dressing onto salad, toss to coat and enjoy!
- I use Canadian/US TBS, which are equivalent to 3 Australian teaspoons.
- If you have hypothyroidism you'll want to slightly steam the kale before you add it to the salad in order to destroy the goitrogens (thyroid inhibitors).
- All ingredients should be organic whenever possible
- Always use pink Himalayan salt or true sea salt.
- You can use 2 TBS of lemon juice instead of adding ACV too, or vice versa.