- 1 C organic juice of choice (no added sweetener)
- Juice from ½ lemon or lime (optional)
- 2 tsp of honey OR maple syrup
- 3 TBS grass-fed gelatin (I used this one in this recipe – it does matter which one you use as different gelatin will change the consistency).
- Bring juice to a boil in a medium sized saucepan. Careful – this can happen quickly!
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then stir in lime or lemon juice and sweetener of choice.
- Gradually whisk in gelatin. Sprinkle it over the top of the liquid about a tablespoon at a time and whisk furiously so no lumps form. You must do this part slowly so you don't end up with lumpy gummies. Another great idea is to use an immersion blender.
- Allow mixture to cool for about 5 minutes then pour into your moulds.
- Refrigerate until set (takes about an hour or less).
- My tablespoons are US/Canadian tablespoons. For Australians you need to use 3 Australian teaspoons to make one Canadian tablespoon.
- My gelatin of choice is by the brand Great Lakes. Make sure you get the orange not the green tin.
- Make sure you use a pure, additive-free juice. I like to use Kiju juice.