Adapted from Super Healthy Kids
- 2 C gluten-free flour (I like to use this one usually)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 TBS coconut oil, melted (see notes)
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 C maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1/2 C broccoli florets, roughly chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 1/2 medium carrots, roughly chopped
- 1/2 medium green apple, peeled and chopped
- 4 dates
- 1/2 C unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 plain yoghurt
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Steam broccoli, zucchini, carrots and apple. Set aside.
- Whilst the vegetables and apple are steaming place all the dry ingredients into a bowl and mix to combine.
- Once the vegetables and apple have finished steaming place them in a food processor along with your melted coconut oil, eggs, vanilla, dates, applesauce and yoghurt. Process until smooth.
- Pour the food processor mixture into your dry ingredients and stir gently to just combine (do not over-mix otherwise the muffins will be chewy).
- Bake for about 20 – 25 minutes.
- My tablespoons are US/Canadian tablespoons. For Australians you need to use 3 Australian teaspoons to make one Canadian tablespoon.
- All ingredients should be organic whenever possible.
- Always use real vanilla essence, never fake.
- I like to use pink Himalayan salt.
- These muffins freeze really well. Wrap them in parchment paper then again in aluminium foil so you can quickly grab one, or a bunch when you're in need of a healthy snack. Simply thaw in the fridge or in the microwave.