- 1 C heaping frozen strawberries, thawed (must be frozen as these are sweeter but the 1 C measurement should be when they are thawed)
- Juice from 1 whole lime (or about 1/4 juice from a lemon)
- 1/4 C water
- 2 TBS maple syrup
- 3 US/Canadian TBS gelain, In this recipe I use this gelatin. It does matter which one you use as it will change the consistency. If you use Vital Proteins gelatin you'll have to reduce the amount a tad – I would use perhaps 2 TBS of the Vital Proteins gelatin.
- 1 small handful of spinach – optional but great for extra folate
- Place frozen strawberries into a small pan on your stove and warm until thawed to make 1 cup.
- Take strawberries off the heat and add lime juice, water and maple syrup.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until everything is well combined and there are no lumps. Having said this, blend on low and don't over-blend. If you blend them too much the texture becomes more “spongey” due to all the air bubbles. Toward the end of blending add in your gelatin and blend to combine (again, being careful not to over-blend the mixture).
- Tap your blender on the counter to disperse some of the bubbles then pour your mixture into moulds.
- Chill in the fridge until set.
- I use Canadian/US TBS, which are equivalent to 3 Australian teaspoons.
- Make sure your gelatin is from a pure, clean and grass-fed source. Like I mentioned above, my favourite is Vital Proteins.