- 1 1/2 C gluten-free rolled old fashioned oats
- 1/3 C pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 C hemp seeds
- 1/4 C chia seeds (leave out if you find these hard to digest)
- 1/4 C sesame seeds
- 1/2 C almond butter (or nut butter of choice) – use sunflower seed butter to make these nut-free
- 1/4 C maple syrup
- 1/3 C sultanas
- 1/2 C coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- 1 tsp real vanilla extract
- 150g of 70% or higher dark chocolate
- Line a pan, (I use a 9″ by 9″ pan), with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients together in a large bowl, except the chocolate. Mix with a spoon until well combined and then press into your pan.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler on the stove or in the microwave. If in the microwave, chop it up into small bits – all the same size – and melt for 45 secs, then stir, then melt again for 45 seconds, stir and repeat the process until fully melted.
- Pour chocolate over the granola mixture and then place in the freezer until the chocolate is set.
- Once set, leave out of the freezer for 15 mins or before you cut it into squares, this will ensure the chocolate doesn't break too much.
- It's easier to mix if everything is room temperature.
- I use Canadian TBS, which are equivalent to 3 Australian tsp.