There are a lot of health claims out there about cold water immersion – I'm sure you've seen them; it seems like everyone is talking about it lately. And whenever I see this kind of trend come up, it peaks my curiosity to uncover the truth behind the claims – so I've attempted to do just that.
I tasked my team researcher with finding as many studies on cold water immersion/ therapy as possible and that is what I will be discussing on this 2-part series on Cold Water Therapy.
Here's what we've found and discuss on this episode:
1. Cold water immersion, when done correctly and under controlled conditions, may have several potential health benefits. Research suggests that it can increase brown adipose tissue and resting energy expenditure, potentially aiding in weight management.
2. Gain insight into how exercise and physical activity may influence the benefits of cold water immersion.
3. Learn how cold water immersion and the cold face test can stimulate the parasympathetic nervous system, reducing acute stress responses.
4. Uncover the potential effects of cold water therapy on insulin resistance, insulin sensitivity, and cardiovascular health.
5. Winter swimming has been associated with improved mood, decreased fatigue, pain relief, and decreased tension. This suggests that cold water immersion may provide mental and emotional benefits, in addition to potential physical benefits.
**While there are promising studies indicating the benefits of cold water therapy, more research is needed due to the small sample sizes and variable study designs. It's important to approach this practice with caution and always consult with a healthcare professional.**
Mentioned in this episode:
ZINZINO – If you're interested in trying out the ZINZINO fish oil I recommend in this episode, please email me. Make sure you tell me which country you live in when you email me so I can send you the right information: email@example.com
Pique Tea – These are some of Tara's favourite teas! They're crystal form, which makes them super unique and easy to transport in your purse, (they come in single use satchels!) and higher in polyphenols. They're made from high quality ingredients with triple toxin screening, (super important when it comes to your tea). Click HERE to visit the shop.
Paleovalley – Grab your goodies as mentioned in this episode, HERE
Hi, I'm Tara Thorne, FDN-P, RHN, FNC and women's health and hormone expert. After serving hundreds of women in my signature program, The Hormone Balance Solution, I bring to you, the HBS Podcast.
This podcast is all about educating women, and giving them actionable strategies for supporting hormonal harmony. It's my passion to empower women to take back their health and their happiness. We'll cover gut health, mineral balancing, nutrient deficiencies, cellular health, nervous system health, functional testing, and so much more. No Fluff. No BS. Just everything you need to know and nothing you don't.
Subscribe to The Hormone Balance Solution podcast on any of the following podcast platforms!
Leave a Review:
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.