We need to talk about this because if you're struggling with SIBO, or hormonal imbalances, or detox issues, or poor digestion or nausea then this is likely needing your attention.
This may not be a sexy or fancy topic but the truth is, if you don't work to optimise your bile on a daily basis, your gut health and your hormonal health will struggle.
Bile is SO important yet many women have sludgy bile which is leading to symptoms like SIBO, estrogen excess, poor detoxification, skin issues, and more.
Bile plays a multitude of roles in the body.
- Delivers vitamins to the intestines
- Helps keep HCL (stomach acid) levels optimal (bile neutralises acidity so if you don’t have optimal bile to neutralise acidity the body will stop making so much stomach acid)
- Eliminates toxins from the body (aids detox)
- Helps move metals out of the body
- Can contribute to high cholesterol when not fluid and healthy
- Can cause “melatonin issues” (liver/bile issues can be a factor here – do you have melatonin hangovers? Then your bile or liver may be to blame!).
- Helps prevent a leaky gut.
So what contributes to sludgy bile?
Estrogen excess can lead to cholestasis because estrogen slows bile down. This is one of the reasons why you have to get bile moving to fix your hormones.
Not eating enough bitter foods to support the liver and make bile more fluid can also negatively impact your bile. I like to drink copious amounts of dandelion root tea and eat foods like arugula and radish.
- Poor liver health: the liver is what makes your bile.
- Being overweight
- Prescription medications
- Hormonal birth control
- Leaky gut Gluten
So get on top of your bile health as part of your healthy living and healthy hormones plan – if you neglect bile you may continue to struggle!
Want more tips like this? The Hormone Balance Solution is the place to be. We do all the thinking for you to leave no stone unturned, just like thinking about your bile! But we also educate you along the way so you leave the program EMPOWERED and with so much more knowledge about what truly makes you healthy.
If you have questions about The Hormone Balance Solution please hit reply and ask them as I will answer you directly. Otherwise, you can grab a cup of your favourite tea, (make it a dandelion this time!) and read all about the program here.