On the previous episode of the Hormone Balance Solution podcast we looked at some studies on Cold Water Therapy and today we will continue delving into this research by looking closer at how it affects our mitochondrial health.
Here's what we've found and discuss on this episode:
1. The effects of cold water immersion are mainly due to the increased activity of the sympathetic nervous system.
2. Cold exposure can increase the activity and volume of brown fat, which can potentially aid in preventing obesity and metabolic diseases.
3. Cold water immersion after exercise can support muscle recovery, reduce soreness, and improve perceived recovery.
4. Cold exposure shows promise in improving lipid metabolism and clearing circulating metabolites.
5. While more research is needed, cold exposure might be a fantastic strategy for improving metabolic flexibility.
**While there are promising studies indicating the benefits of cold water therapy, more research is needed due to the small sample sizes and variable study designs. It's important to approach this practice with caution and always consult with a healthcare professional.**
Mentioned in this episode:
Herbatonin – Save 15% when you use Tara's code: Tara15
Pique Tea – These are some of Tara's favourite teas! They're crystal form, which makes them super unique and easy to transport in your purse, (they come in single use satchels!) and higher in polyphenols. They're made from high quality ingredients with triple toxin screening, (super important when it comes to your tea). Click HERE to visit the shop.
Hi, I'm Tara Thorne, FDN-P, RHN, FNC and women's health and hormone expert. After serving hundreds of women in my signature program, The Hormone Balance Solution, I bring to you, the HBS Podcast.
This podcast is all about educating women, and giving them actionable strategies for supporting hormonal harmony. It's my passion to empower women to take back their health and their happiness. We'll cover gut health, mineral balancing, nutrient deficiencies, cellular health, nervous system health, functional testing, and so much more. No Fluff. No BS. Just everything you need to know and nothing you don't.
Subscribe to The Hormone Balance Solution podcast on any of the following podcast platforms!
Leave a Review:
Reviews are hugely important because they help new people discover this podcast. If you enjoyed listening to this episode, please leave a review on iTunes. Here's how.