DO YOU SUFFER FROM ANY OF THESE?
- Breast or ovarian cysts
- Sore breasts
- Irregular cycles
- Weight gain
- Water retention
- Mood swings
If you have even just a couple of these symptoms then it’s highly likely you may have estrogen dominance.
Estrogen dominance is when you have excess estrogen and not enough progesterone to balance it out, (which causes all those nasty symptoms listed above). And, believe it or not, you can actually have low estrogen and still be estrogen dominant.
The best way to determine if you do indeed have estrogen dominance – and to what degree – is to do a DUTCH comprehensive hormone test, which is what I offer in The Hormone Balance Solution.
If you do have some of the above symptoms then here are six steps I suggest you take to get some relief:
1. Eat liver and bile-loving foods. One of the ways we excrete used-up estrogen from the body is via our poop, but first it needs to be processed in the liver and then, with the help of bile, we poop it out. Think beets and cruciferous veggies as well as bitter foods that also support healthy flowing bile such as radishes, arugula, (aka “rocket”), radicchio, dandelion, etc.
2. Eat foods high in ellagic acid such as raspberries. Ellagic acid helps support a process in phase 2 liver detoxification of estrogen called glucuronidation in which our used-up estrogen is “escorted” out of our body with the help of glucuronic acid.
3. Consume flax. If you have too much of the “bad” 4 OH estrogen, you'll want to eat 2 – 4 TBS of ground flax seeds daily to shift 4 OH into the healthy 2 OH estrogen, (you can see your levels of estrogen metabolites on a DUTCH test).
4. Do a DUTCH test! This is crucial to see what is causing your estrogen dominance. Is it that you're not ovulating and hence not producing much progesterone? Is it that your phase 1 liver detoxification of estrogen is out of whack, or is it your phase 2, or both? This is crucial for understanding what strategies to employ – especially with supplementation.
5. Do a GI Map stool test. The gut is integral in the way you eliminate estrogen. If you have dysbiosis, (an imbalance of good and bad bacteria in your gut) you may wind up with too much active estrogen circulating in your system. I run both the DUTCH test and the GI Map test for my clients. If you’d like to work with me please click here to apply.
6. Don't drink alcohol!! Alcohol will not only impair your liver and hence bile production, but it’s also highly estrogenic, (and linked HEAVILY to breast cancer).
There's more to the story. If you're ready to balance your hormones once and for all click here to join my 8 week program The Hormone Balance SolutionTM. This is a comprehensive program for busy women who want to ditch the unwanted weight, bloat, adult acne AND stop feeling so “hormotional”. Go from bloated, moody, constipated, crampy, fatigued, with period and skin problems to having regular and seamless cycles, glowing skin, even-keeled moods and zero tummy troubles without being on a restricted diet forever! Click here to join this amazing program that's changing lives.